Nordrassil Headpiece

This is the model of the headpiece for my druid cosplay:

Version 1 was made of expanding foam:

 

This headpiece wasn’t very good. The foam was hard to cut exactly and if I cut it too thin, it would break too easily. So, I scrapped it and started over, using cardboard and worbla.

First, I built a base of cardboard and LOTs of hot glue for the front horns, which I then papermached over, so I’d have a base form to shape the worbla around:

IMG_1389IMG_1390

I forgot to take the picture, but I also made a sort of headband from metal thread (a thick one) and covered it with papermache. Then I rolled worbla around it. I also added worbla to the cardboard shape seen above and made horns for the back from a base of chicken wire with worbla around.

Result:

IMG_1428IMG_1425

Worbla sticks to itself, so I could simply heat up the different parts and attach them to each other without glue or anything. I drilled a hole in the front, which will be for wires for the gem.

 

I added a layer of paperclay, then started painting. First a solid brown base colour.

IMG_1582

After the 2nd coat of paint, it looks like this:

IMG_1584

Added a third layer with highlights and shadows. Gem was added with hot glue, leaves added with hot glue:

IMG_1592IMG_1595

Lastly, adding circuitry and hiding battery and switch (it’s below the leaves, I use CR3032 batteries in all projects).

nordrassil_headpiece_by_skymone-d5x9yio

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *