This weekend, the stack of patterns I ordered online finally arrived! I have bought 3 historical style patterns (one arrived seperately, so I have to wait a bit before I can get it), 3 regular dresses for myself and 3 dresses for my sister. Pfew, I will be busy this year! I already started on number 2 in the top row, a renaissance dress. I had an old set of heavy, dusty rose coloured curtains that are now instead a big skirt. Sadly, I have to wait a few days before I can continue, as I need more fabric and don’t have my car at the moment. But I can’t wait to finish this costume. I have been wanting to do it ever since I found those curtains. I also already have a petticoat from a bridal gown to wear underneath to get that big, fluffy skirt style.
Of course, all this doesn’t mean I’ve given up on my druid – I recently made a prototype for the pauldrons, but unfortunately, the craft foam pieces I have are not big enough, so I will have to work some more on it to get the pauldron size I want.
All in all, I am excited to work through all these patterns! Some are really complicated, and I have not had much experience in pattern-working, so it will be a challenge.