However, I overestimated my own skills, and at the moment, there is a half-finished mural which I’m not at all satisfied with… So I took a break from that while pondering what to do to improve it, and in the meantime, I joined my better half (Zibartas cosplay) in his workshop to do some foam work.
And behold – the sword is really taking shape!
All the parts and details are now done. Left to do is some sanding on the parts where I used foam clay to smooth out seams, and then finally, I get to do the priming and painting! I’m really happy with how it’s looking so far. Using good foam really makes a huge difference!